[Freeipa-devel] How we should be integrating RADIUS

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 8 03:11:54 UTC 2007

I came across this HOWTO about RADIUS, and I think it explains very well
why we need to have FreeRADIUS use Samba for MS-CHAP authentication.

If we set it up right, this should 'just work' against the local Samba
as a frontend to FreeIPA.

http://wiki.freeradius.org/FreeRADIUS_Active_Directory_Integration_HOWTO

I realise Samba isn't part of FreeIPA yet, but this just gives us
another reason why it needs to be.  I've looked over the patch for
FreeIPA inclusion, but I can't quite see how to translate that into
Samba (3) inclusion.

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett