[Freeipa-devel] expanding the LDAP tree

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 15:27:52 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 13:28 -0800, Pete Rowley wrote:
> John Dennis wrote:
> > I would like to add a new branch to our LDAP tree to store radius
> > configuration information and I thought I would sanity check where I
> > expect it belongs and how to add it. Yes/No/Comments welcome.
> >
> > I think the appropriate place is just under the suffix in a node
> > called 'services' then each service can add their name below it and
> > their data below that. For example:
> >
> > dn: cn=radius,cn=services,$SUFFIX
> > dn: cn=clients,cn=radius,cn=services,$SUFFIX
> >
> ok

No, we have cn=etc for configuration of system services
For clients I need to know what kind of info it is.
Are these basically machine tickets?
If so the info should be consolidated in the machine account under
cn=computers IMO

> > Sound reasonable?
> >
> > I also presume bootstrap-template.ldif is the place to create these,
> > right?
> >
> right

yes

> > I also presume we would want to set an Admin Write ACL on
> > cn=services,$SUFFIX and Read ACS on each of it's children limited to
> > the service and admin.
> >
> Sounds good.

yeah ACIs are needed, but probably in this case you should use the
admins group, unless we need to explicitly reserve this for the
uberAdmin