[Freeipa-devel] Creating Delegations in IPA

David O'Brien david.obrien at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 04:25:54 UTC 2007

This was a bit confusing, but I think I know what is happening...

When you add a delegation in IPA, it first asks for a Name. My first
reaction was "who is the delegate?" but discovered that it means "What
are you going to call this delegation?"

 + Suggestion:  Delegation Name:

Then, "People in Group"
These are the people you're going to delegate certain tasks or abilities
to. You don't delegate to a person, only a group. If you want to
delegate to only one person, you have to create a group for that person.

 + Does it have to work this way? Could it not be "User or Group"?

"For People in Group"
I didn't realize straight off, but you can specify that the delegation
only apply to specific groups. If you want to add a delegation that
applies across everyone, you would have to create a group that contained
everyone, right?

There's probably a good reason that it works the way it does, but that
was my initial reaction when I used it.

Comments/elaborations?

cheers
--