[Freeipa-devel] containers

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 19:54:45 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 13:35 -0500, John Dennis wrote:
> Simo Sorce wrote:
> > Ok you just got it wrong, in this context namespaces == objectClasses in
> > LDAP, the tree is not.
>
> Every book I've read on LDAP uses tree structure to partition data, I
> guess they got it wrong too :-)

That's a different thing.
The tree structure is used to organize data not to partition it.

> An objectClass is equivalent to a struct not a namespace. That's like
> saying all variables of type X can only be stored in the same global array.

The analogy does not work at all so I will not try to refute it as it
makes no sense to me at this level.

If you want a radius object you should search for the radius objectclass
in the filter. searching just for "uid" is not ok. Searching for both it
is. Adding a constraint on the tree you want to search by means of a
base dn is also ok.

| Simo S Sorce |
| Sr.Soft.Eng. |
| Red Hat, Inc |