[Freeipa-devel] Service Discovery across domains and realms

David O'Brien david.obrien at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 06:04:23 UTC 2007

In an "ideal" setup, that is, with DNS configured and working properly,
etc., should ipa clients be able to discover servers in different
domains or realms?

e.g. I have both SYDNEY.REDHAT.COM and BRISBANE.REDHAT.COM set up and
they both have an IPA server running. When I install a client, will it
only see the server that is in the same domain as itself?

If there are two ipa servers in a single domain, will the client prompt
for which one to join?

thanks
--

David O'Brien <mailto:daobrien at redhat.com>