[Freeipa-devel] threading issues

Kevin McCarthy kmccarth at redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 23:40:55 UTC 2007

I wanted to put on the list to review threading issues.  Now that
we're using TG in a mod_proxy setting, we have to be concerned about
threading issues.

Right now, the web gui is (incorrectly) allocating a shared IPAServer
object (by allocating a shared IPAClient).  Unfortunately there are two
issues here:

1) The self.princ and self.krbccache are being set on each request -
   which obviously won't work with multiple threads

2) The IPAConnPool isn't using locks around self.freelist

The first change that has to happen is the web gui should allocate an
IPAClient for each request (I'll make that change).

However, this loses any connection pool benefits.  To fix this, we could
separate IPAConnPool from IPAServer and implement Locks at the right
places.

Any opinions?

-Kevin