[Freeipa-devel] command-line arguments

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 13:10:08 UTC 2007

The command-line tools now are more like beefy unit tests. Some of them
are very simple so probably don't require a lot more work, but others
do, particularly the ones to add and modify users.

What attributes do we want to allow and/or require? I picked more or
less at random when writing it originally, using luseradd as a loose model.

Currently it requires first name, lats name and uid. Optional are gecos
and home directory.

The main questions I have, some of which apply to adding a user in
general, are:

- Will we allow the password to be set?
- Should adding a user create a user-specific group?
- Can we set the shell?
- Can we override the uidNumber?
- Do we create any directories?

And for the tools in general, do we want an interactive mode?

rob