[Freeipa-devel] Strange ldap aci bug when adding groups

Kevin McCarthy kmccarth at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 00:17:46 UTC 2007

I ran into an issue where the web gui can't add groups.  Pete and I have
poked around for an hour and it seems to be a bug in the directory
server.  I'm able to add a group via command line when I bind as
uid=test, but when I bind as webservice and enable proxying via command
line, I get permission denied.  Strangely, bind as webservice and proxy
_works_ for adding users on the command line.

I'm going to try and simplify the setup and get a bug report to the FDS
team tomorrow.  Just wanted to check if anyone else has hit this issue
yet.

-Kevin