[Freeipa-devel] Asterisk VoIP support

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Apr 11 14:10:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 14:48 +0430, W. Michael Petullo wrote:

> I now have a document describing how to configure Asterisk to use LDAP at:
>
> http://www.flyn.org/astldap/astldap.html
>
> This document provides example configuration files, LDAP schema and
> LDAP data.

If I read this right it means each user entry need to extended with the
AsteriskExtension objectclass, and at least the AstExtention,
AstContext,AstPriority,Astapplication and AstApplicationData attrtibutes
need to be provided.

Is that all is needed to associate a user and an extension ?

What's the phone-test entry ?
Is it another user type? (I notice an AsteriskSIPUser objectclass there.
What is the password used for ? Is it required ? Can something else be
used?