[Freeipa-devel] freeIPA and NIS

Ahmed Kamal email.ahmedkamal at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 12 10:51:15 UTC 2008

I played with pGina before, it was great, but the only limitation I faced
was that Windows does not "see" other users and groups. Logged in users are
created to be "local" users, which means one can't created shared folders,
and apply permissions and such. Is this resolved by using open-afs (I've
never touched that) ? If so, that would really rock! I'd even prefer that to
a samba4 solution!