[Freeipa-devel] freeIPA and NIS

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 13:24:53 UTC 2008

Matin,

It is great to hear the story of migration from AD to IPA!
We realize that this would be painful as probably any other migration.
Looking at the migration use cases we plan to focus on NIS migration and
DS migration in v2.
AD migration would be something for v3. We would also consider tighter
integration with Samba 4 so you would not need to install pGina on all
Windows machines.
So the short answer - "Yes but down the road".

Thanks
Dmitri

--
Dmitri Pal