[Freeipa-devel] Re-send

Aldo Pietropaolo aldop at mac.com
Mon Aug 25 02:03:48 UTC 2008

I apologize for the re-send but the .pptx file might be corrupt so I
attached a pdf. Below are some notes I had in the second slide.

³The idea is to provide a stand alone freeIPA identity monitor that listens
to real time event information performed in the directory service such as
adds, modifications, deletes, password expiry, etc. These events would then
be sent to freeIPA server and be processed by freeIPA Audit extensions in
slide 1. Client side plugins may also be written to handle message
normalization of event data and to send event to multiple event consumers if
desired.

ClientMonitor will register for identity events and receive the events
asynchronously from the directory server. Call back interface may normalize
the data with default schema and send to freeIPA Server for processing.
Client monitor may also instantiate an audit plugin for additional
processing.²