[Freeipa-devel] internationalization of kid templates

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 20:50:33 UTC 2008

Masato Taruishi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a patch to internationalize kid templates. In addition
> to the general internationalization, the patch also includes
> the japanese po file. Please see the attached screenshots.
> Of cource, this patch supports the content negotiation feature
> so you can see the English page, too.
>
> I haven't internationalize javascript and python messages yet
> because it requires utf-8 safe. I guess it's a next work for
> i18n related tasks.
>
> I hope this would help internationalization support of freeipa.
>
> Thanks
> Best regards

Hi. I'm reviewing your patch now and it looks ok, I just have a couple
of question.

What do we need to do on an ongoing basis to be sure that the messages
stay up-to-date? Will we need to run something every time we make a
change to a kid file?

The .po files have a header. Currently the translator field is empty. Is
it common for this to be the default, FULL NAME <EMAIL at ADDRESS>?

It pulled in some pure code in some cases. It looks like:

+#: ipagui/templates/ipapolicyshow.kid:td
+msgid "${ipapolicy.get(\"ipasearchtimelimit\")}"
+msgstr ""

Should we leave these in there or remove them?

thanks

rob