[Freeipa-devel] Moving from /usr/share/

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 21:51:52 UTC 2008

I'm working on a specfile so we can submit IPA to be included in Fedora.

Fedora follows the FHS, we do not (my fault, mostly).

We install a slew of stuff into /usr/share/ipaserver. /usr/share is
really for architecture-independent stuff. We should probably be using
/usr/lib/ipaserver instead.

Any objections to switching?

We also have some static web content. That is currently in our ipaserver
directory. I wonder if we should put that elsewhere as well, perhaps
making an ipa directory in /var/www/html?

rob