[Freeipa-devel] opinion on tool naming needed

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 22:15:25 UTC 2008

Rob Crittenden wrote:
> David O'Brien has noticed that there is some inconsistent naming in some
> of the ipa-admintools, notably ipa-groupmod and ipa-usermod. Every other
> command has user/group at the end (ipa-adduser, ipa-deluser, etc).
>
> Shall we rename these for consistencies sake?

+1 yes

The inconsistency always kind of drove me crazy. The naming should
follow what admins are already familiar with. Historically there have
been adduser and usermod commands, which have the naming reversed, but I
think this has since been cleaned up, note adduser is just a symlink to
useradd.

I prefer consistency, the radius commands will need to renamed as well.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>