[Freeipa-devel] freeIPA + Fedora 9 + xen , can't get passed ipa-finduser admin

Jaakan Shorter jaakanshorter at gmail.com
Fri May 16 23:34:33 UTC 2008

I did

Clean install of Fedora 9 with in a XEN guest x64_86
static IP

yum install ipa-server
ipa-server-install --setup-bind -N

I got the bind server working correctly with the following
http://www.redhat.com/magazine/025nov06/features/dns/

I got stopped at the test doing a find admin user

#ipa-finduser admin
Could not initialize GSSAPI: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may
provide more information/Server not found in Kerberos database

# ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -b "dc=(mydomain),dc=net" uid=admin
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (-2)

Troubleshooting Guide Doesn't really help with this issue at all or
does "ensure that DNS is configured correctly" in the install Guide.

Shouldn't the "--setup-bind" switch take care of configuring the DNS correctly?

I have tryed stuff on this page any no luck
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Kerberos-Infrastructure-HOWTO/install.html

Jaakan