[Freeipa-devel] IPA Groups

christopher.e.hailey at accenture.com christopher.e.hailey at accenture.com
Wed May 21 21:36:36 UTC 2008

Due to a collision in group IDs with a system that I am integrating with IPA (it uses 1001-1003) I edited bootstrap-template.ldif before I did an ipa-server-install.  I changed the IPA groups to 2001,2002,2003.  The question is - am I doing anything evil that will mess me up later?   I think it would be helpful if the range of UIDs and GIDs was configurable.   I currently plan to add a patch to my configuration script to do this.

It also seems that nscd is causing me some problems, specifically if I add a user to a group it is not seen (at least not for a while) i.e. if I do a "groups" on that user I don't see the change unless I turn off nscd.   Is this a known issue, or something with my configuration.

All of the clients and servers are running Fedora 9 with the IPA 1.0 from that distribution.

Thanks

- Chris -

--
Christopher Hailey