[Freeipa-devel] automount in LDAP

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Nov 5 14:49:57 UTC 2008

Deependra Singh Shekhawat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This sounds different from what I see here
>
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Automount

Is is similar but I'm using different attributes. The sample there is
mounting home directories which is a bit of a harder problem (requires
an entry for every user) and is using the cn and ou attributes. The
general format is the same.

> Doesn't client need to do configuration changes in /etc/sysconfig/autofs ?
>
> And if that's true it will be good to have some automation about it in
> FreeIPA-client?

Yes, some client-side changes are required as well to get automount
working. /etc/sysconfig/autofs needs to say which LDAP server to use,
what its basedn is and what attributes should be used. Additionally
/etc/nsswitch.conf needs to be modified to use ldap for automount.

rob