[Freeipa-devel] Re: Staging area

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 12:35:22 UTC 2009

Dmitri Pal wrote:
> Simo Sorce wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 18:46 -0400, Dmitri Pal wrote:
>>
>>> I put together this script.
>>> We were talking about putting the results of the libs and includes
>>> from common area to some staging area.
>>> I picked ./common/lib and ./common/include.
>>> Is it Ok?
>>>

>> Not sure what should we use this script for ?
>> If it is part of a build process then no, we don't want to use custom
>> scripts but the proper autotools magic methinks.
>>
>> Simo.
>>

> I do not know what is the proper autotool magic is and frankly speaking
> i do not want figure it out. At least now.
> The idea was to extract header files and libs into some common place as
> a result of the  build of the common components.
> I suggest that we settle on the common/lib and common/include. We need
> to agree on this because Steve needs to use these paths in the make
> files that take advantage on the INI and I need to use
> these paths in the ELAPI that I starting to move  into the code tree.
> This script is a temp solution  at least for me to populate the common
> areas so that they can be referenced.
> What is the right way of doing the same thing using autools I do not know.

See my attached patch. To get output identical to your script, run:
autoreconf
./configure --enable-static --disable-shared --prefix=`pwd`
make all install

Also, I switched you back to using libtool (Simo, don't cringe) because
you can switch between static and shared library builds simply by
changing the configure arguments (I'm sure you can figure it out from
the above command) or build both at the same time.

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761

Looking to carve out IT costs?