[Freeipa-devel] Patch to repo and bad merge

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Sat Feb 28 21:33:23 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 03:05 -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
> Hi, I just pushed a patch to fix problems introduced with the patch that
> moved domaim_map stuff to confdb.
>
> Unfortunately I messed up and didn't realize I already pushed it, so I
> pushed again after a merge (bah at this time I should have just shut off
> and waited for tomorrow).
>
> Nothing bad happened to the tree but it is ugly. Unfortunately I cannot
> fix it right now because the fedorahosted repo does not allow
> non-fastforward changes and I don't know how to temporarily change that
> configuration.
>
> Long story short, I will try to make a non-fastforward push tomorrow to
> "fix" the situation, so please do not pull if you do not want to have to
> mess with your copy of master later on.

Apparently changing the fedorahosted config for the tree requires
sending tickets and making infrastructure people work on it.
I don;t think the issue is important enough to warrant disturbing so
many people.
So we'll keep around the stupid merge I've done.
The code is the same it's just the history that I don't like as it shows
a fork and an immediate merge where the 2 branches are the same commit
with just the commit message slightly different between the 2 versions.