[Freeipa-devel] [Fwd: PolicyKit 0.90 (pre-)release]

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 14:56:06 UTC 2009

Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> As mentioned earlier I've been working on a rewrite of PolicyKit here
>
> Here's a brief list of differences
>
>  - GLib is used throughout so the porting issues (for BSD and Solaris)
>    with libkit etc. should be a thing of the past

In the past I had suggested using glib to gain a data structure and
utility library for our use rather than rewriting and debugging common
code. There was some push back about it not being available on other
platforms as well as depending on an external library. I see David has
adopted glib, in part to ease foreign platform porting issues. Perhaps
we should reconsider our position with regards to glib and derive a
benefit from reusable code.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>