[Freeipa-devel] [RFC] Integration of c-ares and tevent

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Mon Jun 29 17:41:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 19:04 +0200, Martin Nagy wrote:
> Hi,
> we (me and Jakub) are working on integrating the c-ares [1] asynchronous
> DNS resolver library with tevent, to be used in SSSD. The result of our
> work so far is the attached source file that demonstrates how it would
> be used in SSSD. We would like some comments before we start
> integrating it directly into SSSD.

The tevent_req interface seem perfect for something like this.
I would like to see an interface built using that convention.

I am finishing working on a big rewrite of the sysdb and native ldap
driver to use tevent_req and it looks really nice.
I'll try to post patches as soon as I am done (been working the last 5
days including w/e, mostly boring conversion, but to me the code looks
much better).