[Freeipa-devel] LDAP connections and the new ldap backend plugin

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 16:54:46 UTC 2009

Jason Gerard DeRose wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 08:49 -0700, Rich Megginson wrote:
>> I'm not sure I understand.  If the connection object is
>> ipaserver.ipaldap.IPAdmin which is a subclass of SimpleLDAPObject, can't
>> the connection object be "cast" and used directly as a
>> SimpleLDAPObject?  Or does the IPA code change/overload the methods such
>> that it is not usable any more as a SimpleLDAPObject?
>
> The subclass overrides methods, so code written against SimpleLDAPObject
> would probably break.

My concern is that we use this object in more places than just the
XML-RPC server. What is this going to mean for those? I suppose just
more complicated setup code though I guess we could write a few methods
to handle that.

How do you propse handling the other methods in IPAdmin such as
getEntry, deleteEntry, etc?

rob