[Freeipa-devel] Re: freeipa server + how to joining opensuse clients

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 13:28:26 UTC 2009

Hi,

The latest freeIPA version 1.2.1 is not capable of enrolling machines
into domain.
There is no thick client component  that would  work with the server
and make the system a part of the domain.
This is the functionality we are building as we speak.
IPA 1.2.1 allows you to point your client pam_krb5 and nss_ldap to the
central server IPA and to perform authentication and user/group
information lookup against the central location.
To configure pam and nss on the client see the documentation on the site:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/ClientConfigurationGuide

Also there will probably be a doc refresh on the site some time soon.

Thanks,
Dmitri

--
Thank you,