[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA for Ubuntu, actions taken in Launchpad.

Miguel P.C. mpcolino at gmail.com
Mon May 11 07:42:28 UTC 2009

Hi Everybody,

I did some work related to promoting FreeIPA in the Ubuntu world.

The main focus, as I said previously, was to get FreeIPA packages for Ubuntu.
(Main ones being SSSD and freeipa-client)

Some [needs-packaging] bugs were created:
* FreeIPA: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/259547
* SSSD: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/369744

Some compilation problems bugs also:
* tevent: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba4/+bug/372399
* ldb: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba4/+bug/372405

A FreeIPA team and project for packaging were also set up:
* Team: https://launchpad.net/~freeipa
* Project: http://launchpad.net/freeipa

... with some related resources:
* Package Archive: https://launchpad.net/~freeipa/+archive/ppa
* Blueprints: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/~freeipa

Next thing I'll probably try will be packaging the samba 4 libs and
retry packaging SSSD on top of them.

I hope that this is not Off-Topic, and at the same time, this can be
helpful to the project.

Best regards,

M*

P.S.: Sorry if I'm giving you a bit of an "ubuntu overdose", but
please understand, that right now I'm working with it. :-)