[Freeipa-devel] Git version (pre 0.4) config problems under Ubuntu

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Tue May 26 12:20:08 UTC 2009

On 05/26/2009 06:53 AM, Miguel P.C. wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been pretty busy but still trying to keep track on the project's progress.
> The steps I've taken are:
>
> 1.- upgrade to Karmic alpha 1
> 2.- Install build deps
> 3.- autoreconf -i -f
> 4.- ./configure --prefix=/opt/sssd
>
> this is when I get the following message:
> checking for LDB... yes
> checking ldb.h usability... no
> checking ldb.h presence... no
> checking for ldb.h... no
> configure: error: LDB header files are not installed
> configure: error: ./configure failed for server
>

> but LBD header is installed:
> [migpc at ella:~/Code/sssd/tmp/sssd]$ find /usr/ | grep ldb\.h
> /usr/include/samba-4.0/ldb.h

Your ldb.h headers are not installed in a place that GCC searches for
headers by default. You will need to append "-I/usr/include/samba-4.0"
to your CPPFLAGS to tell GCC (and configure) where to find the headers.

> There are two packages for lbd, I'm normally using
> "libldb-samba4-dev".  Then I try with "libldb-dev"
>
> [migpc at ella:~/Code/sssd/tmp/sssd]$ find /usr/ | grep ldb\.h
> /usr/include/ldb.h
> /usr/include/ldb_handlers.h
>
> but I get exactly the same error.
> Any suggestion on what can be done or where should I look to solve the problem?

I doubt it's exactly the same error. Would you gzip your config.log for
each one (specifying which is which) and send them to the list so I can
take a closer look?

> BTW, some little suggestions:
> 1.- popt may be included in BUILD.txt as dependency.
You're right. I'll add that.

> 2.- a proper "make clean" or equivalent would be really good to have
> in the root dir in order to ease packaging

With the new automake changes, 'make distclean' should work perfectly.
Also, 'make dist-gzip' should produce an appropriate tarball.