[Freeipa-devel] SSSD version pre-0.4 config problems under Ubuntu

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Wed May 27 19:10:21 UTC 2009

On 05/27/2009 06:44 AM, Miguel P.C. wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> [... snip ...]
>> Sorry, in my earlier mail I wasn't descriptive enough. I need the
>> config.log from the 'server' directory (configure is recursively run in
>> that directory) as it is the one that will have the errors listed. That
>> was my error.
> [... snip ...]
>
> Attached.
>
> More info second try was with: libldb-dev_1%3a0.9.3~git20090221-1_i386.deb
> In my opinion this should be the one to use under Ubuntu for SSSD. Am I right?
>
> M*

Miguel, I did some digging into this problem today, and here's what I've
found.

The correct package to build against will be libldb-dev, not
libldb-samba-4.0-dev, as you suspected. Unfortunately, however, the
libldb-dev package in Ubuntu/Debian has a very serious bug. The ldb.h
header internally requires a header from libreplace, which is not
packaged for Debian.

I spoke with jelmer on IRC and he and Simo are going to work on getting
a new upstream build with fixes ready, and a Debian package will follow
from that.

Until that fixed package is available, I'm afraid we're at a standstill.

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761

Looking to carve out IT costs?