[Freeipa-devel] [krb5kdc] LDAP handle unavailable: Can't contact LDAP server on kinit

Zoran Pericic zpericic at inet.hr
Sun Dec 26 20:09:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have strange problem with krb5 krb5-server-ldap and FC14. Tried to
resolve it my self, but i'am stuck. Stangest thing is that all of this
work perfectly with fc13 so it's no config issue. I could not find any
major difference in krb5 from fc13 to fc14. Only thing is that libldap
from openldap-clients is compiled with mozilla nss (fc14) instead of
OpenSSL (fc13) but krb5kdc is connected to ldap servers which I
confirmed in ldap server logs, so it should not be TLS related problem.

krb5kdc bind for first time and get realm related stuff. But when I run
kinit it returns "kinit: Generic error (see e-text) while getting
initial credentials".

Strangest this is that all works perfectly if I manually run krb5kdc
"/usr/sbin/krb5kdc -r ST -P /var/run/krb5kdc.pid" instead of using
initscripts.

Attached krb5.conf, patch to enhance krb5kdc debugging and log file
created with this patch included.

This may not be right list but I think that freeipa should have same
bug. Feel free to ask for more debugging or probing new patches.

Best regards,
Zoran Pericic