[Freeipa-devel] IPAv2, replica installation can be broken

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 20:53:55 UTC 2010

I just discovered a problem with replica installation in IPAv2 and
wanted to get some additional opinions on it.

The scenario is this: You've installed a master, perhaps added some
entries on it, everything is working fine. You've got some hosts that
you added entries for as well, perhaps even creating some service keytabs.

Now you want to make one of those hosts an IPA replica. Things will blow
up gloriously because some principals needed for the replica may already
exist in the DB.

So the question is, do we want to enforce that any replica hosts don't
already exist in the database before proceeding? It seems reasonable to
me but I'm pretty draconian about such things.

Thoughts?

rob