[Freeipa-devel] Need Metadata for phone, email, other objects not in json_metadata yet

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Sep 30 03:39:33 UTC 2010

Adam Young wrote:
> Rob,
>
> You indicated that there was a way to get the params we needed to
> produce meta-data. I'm working on the phonenumber issues right now, and
> right now have no way of telling that it is a multi value attribute.
> There is logic in the code, but it relies on the metadata. v Can you
> point me in the right direction?

I was thinking purely for output purposes so the Label could get set
properly, so I'm not 100% sure this will work for what you are doing,
but look at setting has_output_params:

output_params = (
     Str('telephoneNumber*',
         label=_('Home Phone'),
      ),
)

class user_add(LDAPCreate):
     has_output_params =  LDAPCreate.has_output_params + output_params

rob