[Freeipa-devel] Setting user password by default

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 17:19:17 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 08:55 -0400, Jenny Galipeau wrote:

> [...]

I am ok as long as we do not adopt the same braindead behavior of AD
UI :-)

A few years ago while experimenting with the dirsync control I found
they will create the user and set the password in 2 steps and if the
password fails to met complexity criteria they will "rollback" and will
delete the user just created and return you an error in the UI.

You will not see all this so if you retry 5/10 times to create a user
and every time you select a too weak password you end up
creating/deleting in a rapid cycle 5/10 times the same user (burning
SIDs and causing replications for nothing in the process).