[Freeipa-devel] Session design document

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Dec 2 14:46:10 UTC 2011

Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 08:22 -0500, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Simo Sorce wrote:
>>>>
>>> Sorry for the late reply.
>>>
>>> First of all, excellent write-up John, it is very comprehensive and lays
>>> down things very clearly.
>>>
>>> I agree that using ipa:ipa for memcached and wsgi would be a better
>>> proposition for us. Although we need to explore how this would affect
>>> credential caches created by mod_auth_kerb and our ability to use them,
>>> which is crucial*.
>>
>> The krb ccache will not be readable by ipa:ipa.
>
> I feared that, although maybe we can do some trick with default ACLs to
> make them readable to the 'ipa' user.
> Do we have the option to re-implement SPNEGO in python and stop using
> mod_auth_kerb ?
>
> Simo.

We last looked at this way back in early v1 so it may be possible now,
it wasn't then. This would be a long-term effort.

Whatever we do we definitely don't want 389-ds to be running as the same
user as the ipa framework. Breaking into the web server via our app
would mean filesystem access to the raw LDAP database.

rob