[Freeipa-devel] Localization patches.

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Feb 17 04:09:01 UTC 2011

Pavel Zůna wrote:
> My efforts in fixing localization all around the framework and preparing
> it for localizing docstrings have resulted in a lot of patches. Because
> I understand they have become a bit hard to track, I decided to post
> them all together in this thread to make review easier.
>
> After this is committed, there will be one more patch that switches
> xgettext for pygettext. Then hopefully, we'll be pretty much set when it
> comes to i18n.
>
> Pavel

Patch 81 isn't applying for me.

Help is not working for me either, this is due to patch 80.

$ ipa help user
ipa: ERROR: NameError: global name '_' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/rcrit/redhat/freeipa-version/ipalib/cli.py", line 1087,
in run
     api.finalize()
   File "/home/rcrit/redhat/freeipa-version/ipalib/plugable.py", line
619, in finalize
     plugin_iter(base, (magic[k] for k in magic))
   File "/home/rcrit/redhat/freeipa-version/ipalib/base.py", line 397,
in __init__
     sorted(members, key=lambda m: getattr(m, name_attr))
   File "/home/rcrit/redhat/freeipa-version/ipalib/plugable.py", line
608, in plugin_iter
     plugins[klass] = PluginInstance(klass)
   File "/home/rcrit/redhat/freeipa-version/ipalib/plugable.py", line
585, in __init__
     self.instance = klass()
   File "/home/rcrit/redhat/freeipa-version/ipalib/plugable.py", line
184, in __init__
     self.doc = _(inspect.getdoc(cls))
NameError: global name '_' is not defined
ipa: ERROR: an internal error has occurred

Patches 69, 71 and 73 are still working fine.

What is switching from xgettext to pygettext going to do?

rob