[Freeipa-devel] Scripting the SUDO setup for a client

JR Aquino JR.Aquino at citrix.com
Fri Feb 18 05:06:34 UTC 2011

On Feb 17, 2011, at 8:38 PM, "Adam Young" <ayoung at redhat.com> wrote:

> I tried to follow the steps to setup Sudo on a client here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_freeipav2_sudo
>
> Of course, since my serve wasn't example.com, I had to modify the LDAP fitlers.  I got something wrong.
>
> What would I use to script this in keeping with the ipa server technoliges we use?  I need to modify a bunch of config files.  This seems like a task for something like augeas, and I know we use some library to do it.

I believe authconfig is used to populate ldap.conf and maybe even nsswitch.conf.

Be aware though that Sudo needs to have an unprivileged binddn User and password configured in the ldap.conf file...  That's the piece that I've been thinking most about.  I'm not sure what to do except prompt the user during the install script.