[Freeipa-devel] Localization patches.

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Feb 23 19:26:05 UTC 2011

Pavel Zůna wrote:

> Rebased patch 81 and 83 (pygettext).
>
> Created a new patch to fix these latest test failures - it was easier
> than doing a complex rebase.
>
> All latest versions of localization patches are attached to this email
> for review.
>
> I tried to apply them on a clean master clone, build RPMs, installed and
> run all unit tests. So hopefully, we're finally going to get this in. :)
>
> Pavel

I don't understand some of these (and past changes):

- Updated patch 83-2 just changes the commit message slightly
- Patch 84 comments out several lines in the tests.There isn't any
explaination what these changes do and why they are needed. It seems to
be disabling a confirmation that changing locale works.
- Patch 82 drops a bunch of the old ugettext code which is fine, but I
think one of the purposes was to make sure that translation was occurring.
- Patch 82 in test_text.py changing the languages is removed. Are we
really exercising this code?

rob