[Freeipa-devel] Fwd: Re: [Freeipa-users] FreeIPA for Linux desktop deployment

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Sat May 14 03:28:24 UTC 2011

Beyond my knowledge.  Any help here?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Freeipa-users] FreeIPA for Linux desktop deployment
Date: 	Fri, 13 May 2011 18:38:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	nasir nasir <kollathodi at yahoo.com>
To: 	Adam Young <ayoung at redhat.com>

I did this. Now my ipa automountlocation-tofiles default shows,

*/etc/auto.master:*
*/-      /etc/auto.direct*
*/share  /etc/auto.share*
*/home   /etc/auto.home*
*---------------------------*
*/etc/auto.direct:*
*---------------------------*
*/etc/auto.share:*
*---------------------------*
*/etc/auto.home:*
**       -rw,sec=krb5,soft,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
hugayat.cohort.org:/xtra/home/&*

Also my /etc/export looks like this,

*/xtra/home  *(rw,fsid=0,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)*
*/xtra/home  gss/krb5(rw,fsid=0,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)*
*/xtra/home  gss/krb5i(rw,fsid=0,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)*
*/xtra/home  gss/krb5p(rw,fsid=0,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)*

Still it is not working. I tested to login from the server(as I don't
have another test machine with IPA, I added mkhomedir line in the pam
files to test in this machine only). It is NOT mounting the NFS home
partition from the remote NFS server. Instead it is creating /home/USER
on the local partition. Now if you think this is some problem due to
testing from IPA server, I will install IPA client on a new machine with
mkhomedir switch and try to test from there.
Please suggest.

Thanks and regards,
Nidal

    A simple test,   change the automount map to just mount /home
    completely, and then create a new user.  I'm guessing that will
    work.  Basically

    */etc/auto.home:*
    */home       -rw,sec=krb5,soft,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
    nfsserver.cohort.org:/xtra/home/*