[Freeipa-devel] Summary of Session discussion

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu May 26 21:19:25 UTC 2011

On 05/26/2011 04:56 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 05/26/2011 02:43 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
>>> You can limit it to have one cursor open per session at a time so you
>> Dangerous.
>>
> I have seen Adam's response.
> This functionality is easily extensible. You can start with one and then
> add hash.
> I do not see a use case in near future that would require more than one
> cursor to be open at a time per session.
> I am just voting for less work here as it can be enhanced when we need
> more than one.

The term "Session global" is a little weird.  If you mean that multiple
requests in the same session can talk to the same cursor, then yes.
Global implies multiple people can talk to it at once, and I do not mean
that.

So long as the cursor is "read only" it will not be a problem to share.
If the user does a write, or wants to see changes that were made by
other people, they need to explicitly refresh the cursor.  As I said,
getting this right requires thought, and should not be in the next release.