[Freeipa-devel] Unifying the PKI and IPA Directory Server instances

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Nov 1 16:12:08 UTC 2011

We had a brief discussion on unifying the PKI and IPA Directory Server
instances.  Here are my notes from it.  Please fill out the details and
correct me if I've mis-stated anything below.

Issues:

 1.

    Both make changes to Config. One identified conflict is he
    configuration of the Uniqueness plugin

 2.

    PKI uses Directory Manager. This is insecure. Can it use a differen,
    limited admin?

 3.

    Index strategies are different

 4.

    make sure we have a union of the required sets of plugins

 5.

    PKI needs to set D.S. Default Name context

 6.

    If PKI uses the IPA datastore for users, it needs to creat the user
    with all the right prerequisites (object class, defaults)

 7.

    PKI puts users in groups using "member of" so that should still work
    for the IPA tree