[Freeipa-devel] [WIP] FreeIPA extensibility guide

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Sun Nov 20 17:21:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

Since I've joined FreeIPA project in summer 2011, I tried to
understand the framework and its interworkings. Unfortunately,
there is always not enough documentation on the code and it is far
easier to write the code than to document it all along the way.

The result is the following draft -- far from being finished,
perhaps far from being correct.

I'd love to hear constructive critics to improve the guide.
Whole chapters in plain English would be awesome contribution!
Examples are a bit stupid ones that is I know, but they serve purpose
of intentionally distracting from thinking about the framework only in
"LDAP management tool" direction.

I have generated two versions, one for online reading, another for
printing, if anyone is like me and consumes information from dead
trees better than from LCD/LED/eInk.

http://abbra.fedorapeople.org/freeipa-extensibility.html
http://abbra.fedorapeople.org/freeipa-extensibility.pdf

--