[Freeipa-devel] [BRANCH 3.0] Heads up new branch created

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 06:38:32 UTC 2012

Hello fellow developers,

Rob asked me to go ahead and create a 3.0 branch.

It's up, and the name follows the usual scheme: ipa-3.0

Please remind from now on to specify whether your patches are supposed to be pushed only in 3.0 or master or both.

We do not expect the branches to diverge wildly immediatey, but 3.0 is now in stabilization mode only, so any patch that disrupts APIs or implements major new features should go in master only.

The new branch has been forked off the beta2 release but I already applied on top all the following patches available in master as they all apply to the 3.0 goal so at this moment the 2 branches are still aligned.

I want to also take a moment to thank all contirbutors and users from our wonderful community, please keep engaging with us as you did so far, the success of our project has been in no small part a success of our community and I hope version 3.0 will be a great tool for all of us.

Happy hacking!

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc. * New York