[Freeipa-devel] [SSSD] New SSSD FAQ page in the works

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 00:11:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 02:31:51PM -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> It's come up more than once that SSSD needs a Frequently Asked Questions
> page to field some of our more common questions. I'm reaching out to the
> SSSD and FreeIPA user and developer communities to help us flesh out
> this page.
>
> I've begun it with the two most common questions I've received lately,
> as well as a basic primer on enabling debug logging to help identify
> issues.
>
> I'd like some additional suggestions on what questions should be
> answered on that page, as well as opening the page to volunteer-edits to
> add answers to any questions they may have had and solved (or enlisted
> aid in solving) in the past.

I'm not sure if the FAQ is the right place, but I couldn't find any
place on the wiki that would explain what an LTM release is.

I know that some people are struggling with the differences between
RFC2307 and RFC2307bis schema. I wonder if we should include that in the
FAQ, too, even though it is explained in the manual pages.

I also think that the last paragraph in the "Troubleshooting" section
should include a link that would tell how to contact the community for
further assistance.