[Freeipa-devel] [DHCP] tree layout options

William Brown william at firstyear.id.au
Thu Jul 19 13:46:52 UTC 2012

On 19/07/12 22:59, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 22:44 +0930, William Brown wrote:
>>> does not add any dhcpHost objects not the dhcpFailOverPeer information.
>>
>> I have found why this is. I was setting ldap-method to dynamic, meaning
>> that the contents of this object were only read at lease request time.
>> setting this to static has allowed these objects to be read at dhcpd
>> initilization time.
>>
>> It would also seem that in ldap_generate_config_string in ldap.c, the
>> dhcpFailOverPeer object class is not "recognized" as an object that
>> should be inspected. I'll add this later.
>
> Hi William, thanks for the ldifs, I will take some time this week to
> ponder them.
> I do not like having to separate ipv4 and ipv6 in principle, as I
> suspect in most cases admin would have to go an create the same
> locations under both, however I guess we can handle that in the UI
> relatively easily and always create both.
>
> I will try to consider the other factors as soon as I have some time to
> get my head around the other details.
>
> Simo.

I think that this third ldif may be a bit more along the lines of what
you are looking for. I have shown the v4 / v6 split, combined with the
tree setup from option 2. I have tried to keep things like locations
unique, and only to split v4 / v6 when necesarry. Again, this is tested
to generate a working config with pultney/v4 in ISC-dhcp excluding
aforementioned known issues.

--
Sincerely,

William Brown