[Freeipa-devel] slow response

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 18:09:34 UTC 2012

On 07/24/2012 12:03 PM, Stephen Ingram wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:25 AM, John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 07/23/2012 12:37 PM, John Dennis wrote:
>>>
>>> Note the timestamps only have 1 second resolution, something
>>> which would be easy to fix, so bear that in mind when looking at the
>>> output of the script.
>>

>> This is partially as a note to myself, but also to others who want to test.
>> The following patch should produce timestamps in the debug output with
>> microsecond resolution.
>
> No one seems to be jumping in on this. Should I run the test again
> with this patch? I'm really interested in getting this resolved as I
> can't help but think others are experiencing the same problem. I do
> have a user in the system that is scheduled for deletion. Would it
> help for you to grab a ticket with those credentials so you could
> actually see the slowness in action?

It would be good to re-run your test with better timing information.
Attached is a patch that adds more timing information to the debug log
output. Please apply the patch and re-run your test the same way you did
before and email me the contents of /var/log/httpd/error_log. In the
error_log you should see lines with "elapsed_time=xxxx", e.g.

INFO: admin at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.XX: batch(({'params': ((), {}), 'method':
'ping'},)): SUCCESS elapsed_time=0.001663

To apply the patch you'll need to be root to modify the files, this
should work:

% su
% cd /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages
% patch -p1 -b < path_to_saved_patch_file

If you don't have patch installed:

% sudo yum install patch

Then restart httpd and re-run the test.

--