[Freeipa-devel] Strange issue I keep hitting with invalid tickets

Michael Gregg mgregg at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 21:50:06 UTC 2012

I am not sure why, but when I let my ipa machines sit around for a
while(overnight-24hours), and then kinit. When I try to run IPA commands
I get output like this:

[root at zippyvm12 ~]# ipa host-find
ipa: ERROR: Local error: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:
Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
(Ticket not yet valid)

This issue seems to be addressed here:

https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/solutions/133433

It's strange, because when I kinit again, I seem to have a valid
credentials, like here:

[root at zippyvm12 ~]# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: admin at TESTRELM.COM
07/31/12 17:31:16  08/01/12 17:31:14  krbtgt/TESTRELM.COM at TESTRELM.COM
07/31/12 17:32:39  08/01/12 17:31:14
HTTP/zippyvm12.testrelm.com at TESTRELM.COM

The work around for me seems to be deleting /tmp/krb5*
Then, I kinit again, and it all starts to work again.

My question is, why is this happening? Any ideas?

Michael-