[Freeipa-devel] [RANT] Patchwork process

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 18:39:22 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-02 at 19:02 +0100, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 02, 2012 at 11:05:54AM -0400, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> > > I have to be honest, I do like the change patchwork introduced, it makes
> > > it a lot easier to me to review patches inline and allows me to easily
> > > download them in a separate machine with a simple wget.
> >
> > May be but there are many others for whom it does not. Let us step back
> > for now and see what else can be done.
>
> One thing I'd like to add is that I think we should postpone introducing
> process changes when we are done stabilizing the upcoming releases. I
> can hardly find the time to change my workflow right now when we're
> trying to fix all the SSSD 1.9.x bugs.
>
> Yesterday I learned that two things I thought did not work with
> patchwork (git am on maildir and assigning "admin" rights) were in fact
> misunderstandings on my part and lack of documentation respectively. But
> I would prefer to learn a new process when we're out from the bugfix
> crunch part.

This is ok,
I hoped the process would be less disruptive, but it appears no the
case, please ignore patchwork for now if it disrupts your work.
I'll keep it up to date and will see if I can make it grok also the
current way the freeipa-devel list works (ie handling multiple patches
per mail message).

I will give a heads up later once we are less loaded to try to
reintroduce it.