[Freeipa-devel] Replica files vs. upgrades

Petr Viktorin pviktori at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 08:51:18 UTC 2012

Hello,
Can I use old replica files to install replicas? For example, is this
supported?

1) Create replica file on master
2) Upgrade master
3) Use the (old) replica file to install a replica

Also: For ipa-ca-install, do I need to use the same replica file that
was used to install the replica originally? Consider the following:

1) Create replica file on master
2) Install a replica
3) Upgrade the master
4) Install a CA on the replica

Am I supposed to use the old file for (4), or a newly generated one?

I couldn't find clear answers in the documentation.
I could test how this works now, but I'd rather ask if there's a clear
idea of how it's supposed to work.

--
Petr³