[Freeipa-devel] [RFC] Creating a new plugin to make it simpler to add users via LDAP

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 18:55:45 UTC 2013

On 02/13/2013 01:30 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Simo Sorce wrote:

>>> Could you elaborate on your looping and deadlock concerns? I don't see
>>> where they would arise if what we're watching is entirely independent of
>>> our LDAP tree.
>>
>> I do not understand what you are 'watching' ?
>>
>> Simo.
>>

> I think he means have a persistent search to watch for new entries and
> then act upon them.

Yes, it could either be a persistent search or an external (cron)
process that periodically polls LDAP. In each case there is an LDAP tree
used as a "staging area". The staging area is completely independent of
IPA's LDAP area. If something shows up in the staging area the contents
of the staging area are used to drive our IPA commands. The staging area
is then cleaned of all the entries which succeeded.

Under this scenario what are the looping and deadlock concerns?

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/