[Freeipa-devel] Nightly 389 Directory Server development yum repositories

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 22:04:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have set up a nightly development yum repository for 389 Directory
Server builds from "master".  There are currently builds available for
Fedora 18 (x86_64 and i686).  I will work on adding builds for rawhide
(F19) in the near future.  New builds are made nightly from the "master"
branch in Git, which will be updated to the repo around 12:00 UTC-08:00.

To set a system up to use the development repository, download the
following repo file and place it in the /etc/yum.repos.d directory:

http://nkinder.fedorapeople.org/389-devel/389-devel-fedora.repo

It is very important to understand what the purpose of this repo is (and
what it is NOT).  These are test builds that are provided for
convenience for use in development and testing.  The builds will very
likely be unstable at times.  You should NOT try to run these builds for
anything important.  I expect these builds to be used by the 389
development team for testing as we approach the release of new official
packages.  I also expect that these builds will be useful for other open
source projects (such as FreeIPA) who want early access to upcoming 389
Directory Server versions during their own development cycles.  It is
also perfectly fine to use these builds to preview upcoming features and
play with them, as long don't expect everything to always be stable and
working.

If you do encounter issues with the development builds that seem like
bugs, please let us know about them.  You can bring them up on our IRC
channel (#389 on FreeNode), or file a ticket for it in our Trac instance
here:

     https://fedorahosted.org/389/

Please let me know if you encounter any problems with the repository.

Thanks,
-NGK