[Freeipa-devel] DNS tests [from LinuxAlt 2013]

Derek Moore derek.p.moore at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 16:08:02 UTC 2013

Ok, I can't see authors' names in your wiki. I just meant maybe that author
could be a resource inside OpenShift re: DNS testing.

Otherwise, their mailing list is:

And they promote their Google+ community a lot:

https://plus.google.com/communities/114361859072744017486

Also, check out the #1 Top Idea feature request:

https://www.openshift.com/ideas
i.e.,
https://www.openshift.com/content/please-provide-a-dns-server

In my attempts to interact with OpenShift devs, I've mostly jumped into:

http://irc.lc/freenode/openshift-dev

In fact, I just hopped into #openshift-dev on IRC, and I think I have a
good point-of-contact for you guys re: DNS integration and DNS testing:

[09:51] <derekm> hey all... some FreeIPA devs are wondering: Who would be a
good dev contact inside OpenShift re: DNS server and/or automated
bind-dyndb-ldap testing?
[09:51] <markllama> err.  I'm afraid that might be me.  What's the question?
[09:51] <derekm> markllama: they just want to have a point of contact for
cross-project coordination and integration
[09:52] <markllama> the automated testing might get referred to QE.
[09:53] <derekm> FreeIPA is starting work on a DNS test suite in
conjunction with Knot DNS folks
[09:54] <derekm> I suggested they try to coordinate with you guys, too,
since you use an internal bind with dynamic domains
[09:54] * markllama will have to learn Knot.
[09:54] * markllama was just thinking about who to coordinate with to add
an OpenShift plugin to update DNS via the LDAP db in FreeIPA rather than
RFC2136
[09:55] <derekm> if you don't mind, I'll pass on your name to the
freeipa-dev list as a potential point of contact
[09:55] <markllama> yep, I can at least field the questions and find the
contacts either in OpenShift or in the IPA group here.

I don't see Mark Llama on the mailing list, so you might have to go to IRC
to catch him.