[Freeipa-devel] DNS tests [from LinuxAlt 2013]

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Fri Nov 22 09:21:35 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 09:39:50AM +0100, Petr Spacek wrote:
> >Just for the note, with OpenShift Enterprise 1.2.x the feature is
> >there and working.
>
> Jan, could you clarify if
> https://www.openshift.com/content/please-provide-a-dns-server
> calls for something else than FreeIPA integration? Do they mean plain DNS server?
>
> Obviously, one option is to use plain DNS server and then somehow
> solve multi-master environment (or use PowerDNS with replicated SQL
> backend and so on).
>
> The other option is to use bind-dyndb-ldap with any
> standard-compliant LDAP server, so OpenShift guys theoretically
> don't need full FreeIPA (if they want plain DNS).

I don't know. Different people might actually mean different things on
that page. But judging by the last comment

	Please at least provide a DNS server for paid plans.

this is primarily about OpenShift Online -- the hosted operation.

For Origin and Enterprise, the installers will typically install and
configure bind, so for the on-site scenarios the solution is already
there. And of course, you can use FreeIPA/IdM as well.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat